"Terrific. Lively, engaging, informative and highly useful."
- Environmental educator, NSW
Facilitate with Confidence
This enjoyable, hands-on workshop gives you the skills to facilitate and get results in workshops, team meetings, community meetings, and more.
Facilitate with Confidence is an intensive training course for professionals who have facilitation roles. It's dynamic and interactive, with role plays and plenty of practice (after all, facilitation is best learnt by doing it!).
The course includes:
- Winning your licence to facilitate
- How to devise a perfect session, in any situation
- Skillfully manage conflict and difficult personalities
- Effective processes for collaborative strategising
- The seven keys to being an effective facilitator
- Plenty of hands-on practice in a safe environment.
Participants develop their facilitation techniques in a safe, supportive environment.
The workshop gives participants a practical step-by-step facilitation model which they use to develop and deliver sessions during the training.
There is also time to discuss the social psychology of facilitation and share tips and tricks that work in different situations.
Note that numbers are limited to 16 per workshop to ensure maximum participant value.
"Very good. Gave me what I wanted, which was greater confidence to facilitate."
- Sustainability educator, NSW
1 day (9.00 am to 4.30 pm)
Number of participants:
up to 16
Phone Les Robinson on
0414 674 676
Or email: email@example.com
Book a place
SYDNEY: 7 November 2018
Venue: The Coal Loader Centre for Sustainability, 2 Balls Head Rd, Waverton. Book a place
MELBOURNE: 12 November 2018
Venue: CERES Environment Park, Cnr Roberts and Stewart Streets, Brunswick East. Book a place
TIMING: 8.45 am for a 9.00 am start, 4.30 pm finish.
COST: $550 incl GST
Only 16 places available.
Discounts: 20% discount for self-funded participants, NGOs, and buddies: see The Buddy Effect
Yummy lunch and 80 page training manual provided. Numbers limited.
BOOK A PLACE
Ask a question.
To discuss in-house training email:
or phone 0414 674 676.
The workshop agenda
9.00am - 11.00am
Understanding good facilitation; the Seven Keys to effective facilitation.
11.15am - 1.00pm
Designing a satisfying session; plus practice.
1.30pm - 2.45pm
Group work tools for brainstorming, prioritising, innovation, and solution generation.
2.45pm - 4.30pm
Planning and delivering a focused brainstorming and prioritisation session to tackle real life facilitation challenges faced by the participants.
Who's done the training
Organisations who have hosted it in-house include:
- Essential Services Commission (Vic)
- Greater Sydney Commission
- Best Start facilitators, Victoria (how to generate system improvements with early childhood education partners)
- Upper Hume Primary Care Partnership, Victoria
- State Trustees (Vic) internal change champions
- Young Farming Champions
- Hunter Councils (NSW)
- Parks ACT
- Hepatitis Australia
- Metropolitan Waste and Resource Recovery Group (Vic)
- Waverley Council (NSW)
- Wodonga City Council (Vic)
- Wyndham City Council (Vic)
- James Cook University postgraduate researchers (Qld - 3 times!)
- Rockdale Council (NSW)
- The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority
- The Heart Foundation (NSW)
- ACT Department of Environment, Climate Change, Energy and Water
- Blue Mountains City Council (NSW)
- Baw Baw Shire Council (Vic)
- Department of Human Services (Vic)
- Sustainability Victoria
- Environment Victoria
- Kogarah Council (NSW)
- NevRWaste (Vic)
- Sustainability Trust (NZ)
About the presenter
Les Robinson is a specialist in community change and one of Australia's most engaging facilitators.
"Les is a great facilitator, excellent attitude and I appreciate the way he keeps things on track, interesting, fun and practical. Best facilitation I've seen in my year in this job!!"
- NRM facilitator, Gippsland
What they say about this course
"Well done Les! Most valuable part was giving me a framework and structure that will allow me to build and own as my own."
- Facilitator, Wellington, NZ
"Fantastic! The manual will be the holy grail for a lot of us when it comes time to facilitate."
- NRM manager, Queensland
"Informative and valuable. On target for what is needed in our jobs."
- NRM officer, Victoria
"Upbeat, collaborative, energising."
- health promotion officer, NSW
"Fabulous. Gave me a structure to work in and a better understanding of how to engage people and get the best outcomes."
- Council planner, Victoria
"Found the focus on participants' prior (unknown) knowledge a wonderful way of opening people to their inherent skill."
- Environmental educator, Victoria
"Great! I've learnt a lot about how to communicate with community groups and how to confidently prepare myself."
- engineer, water utility, Vic