1. IT’S NOT AN ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUE, IT’S A BUSINESS ISSUE.
This is an overarching message, which refocuses the debate away from environmental and scientific issues toward business issues.
2. EFFICIENCY IS WHAT’S AT STAKE
As identified in the Forum, efficiency is key to Australia’s long term prosperity.
3. IT’S AN INNOVATION OPPORTUNITY
Every change in the landscape provides leadership opportunities. And the bigger the change, the bigger the opportunity.
4. INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIVENESS IS WHAT IS AT STAKE
The Forum determined that international competitiveness is a key outcome. This argument expands on that point.
5. JOB CREATION IS A KEY BENEFIT
The Forum determined that job creation is a key outcome. This argument expands on that point.
6. EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT IS A KEY OUTCOME
An extension of the job creation argument, this section considers the role of a low carbon economy in attracting and retaining key employees.