Landholders learn best when they learn from each other
This enjoyable one day workshop gives you the skills to bring out the best in any group. You'll be able to lead satisfying, productive disussions, workshops, field days, training days, and forums. And you'll be prepared for the tricky situations that occur.
This training is supported by the Queensland Government's Reef Water Quality Program, managed by the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF).
Note that this is a one-off event with numbers strictly limited.
* Extension professionals = anyone working for change with rural industries such as sugar, beef, bananas, horticulture and cropping. This includes development officers, researchers, advisors, agronomists, NRM staff, and consultants. It doesn't matter who you work for, provided your work has the potential for positive impact on the reef.
To book a place, please complete the form below, and make a payment.
What they say about this course
"Fantastic! The manual will be the holy grail for a lot of us when it comes time to facilitate."
- NRM manager, Queensland
"Well done Les! Most valuable part was giving me a framework and structure that will allow me to build and own."
- Facilitator, Wellington, NZ
"Informative and valuable. On target for what is needed in our jobs."
- NRM officer, Victoria
"Upbeat, collaborative, energising."
- health promotion officer, NSW
"Fabulous. Gave me a structure to work in and a better understanding of how to engage people and get the best outcomes."
- Council planner, Victoria
"Found the focus on participants' prior (unknown) knowledge a wonderful way of opening people to their inherent skill."
- Environmental educator, Victoria
"Great! I've learnt a lot about how to communicate with community groups and how to confidently prepare myself."
- engineer, water utility, Vic
About the presenter
Les Robinson is a specialist in community change and one of Australia's most engaging facilitators.
"Les is a great facilitator, excellent attitude and I appreciate the way he keeps things on track, interesting, fun and practical. Best facilitation I've seen in my year in this job!!"
- NRM Facilitator
More about Les.
The cost is $300 (incl GST) per person.
* Extension professionals: note that 100% of your workshop fee is refundable through the Queensland Government's Enhanced Extension Coordination Program.
This applies to anyone working in an extension role (broadly defined) between Cape York and Gympie.
Reimbursement is a simple 3 step process.
For questions about reimbursement:
Dr John James
Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
Phone 07 4529 4125 or 0417 617 572
The contents of the day
9.00am - 11.00am
The Seven Keys to good facilitation (including purpose setting, use of silence, the 'check-in', ground rules, and winning your licence to facilitate).
11.15am - 1.00pm
Designing a satisfying session; plus practice.
1.30pm - 2.45pm
Group work tools for brainstorming, prioritising, and solution generation.
2.45pm - 4.30pm
Planning and delivering a focused session tackling real life extension challenges brought by the participants.